1.01.2012

Obligatory Christmas & New Years post

The whirlwind of Christmas has come and gone, in truth, it didn't feel like Christmas this year to me.  The lead up didn't swell with yuletide cheer, this is not to say that I did not participate in caroling, looking at Christmas lights, attending parties, wrapping gifts and the like, but it just didn't feel the same this year.  Many people in my area attributed their own lack of the Christmas spirit to the lack of snow on the ground, but personally, I did not grow up with white Christmases, so for me, that excuse is invalid.

Either way, it came and it went.  I traveled up to Logan for the holiday, and spent time with my family.  We spent some of Christmas Eve at my aunt's house getting things organized and finished (she's been refinishing her basement for a while now), then spent the evening playing games and eating dinner at my grandparents house.  My niece and nephew were particularly excitable this year, which was fun to see, and Christmas morning brought back all the memories of wonder and magic I felt as a child.

I returned from Logan, and immediately got sick.  I somehow always get sick around holidays, or if I take a vacation, a bit rude if you ask me.

Because of this, I spent the bulk of New Years Eve on the couch with a blanket and pillow, and actually rang in the New Year in bed surrounded by tissues and Vicks Vapor Rub.  Today seems to be looking up however, my fever is gone, I can breathe semi-normally, and my cough is not quite so irritating.

Here's to good health in 2012!

No comments: