5.07.2017

Weekend Adventures and Projects

I took a couple days off from work this past week.

Not because I had any fun or grand plans, but mostly because I am close to capping out on my vacation time, and I need to use it or I lose it.  Super exciting stuff, I know!

Well, it turns out that my taking vacation time when I did was extremely fortuitous!  (Love it when that happens).  On my way home from dropping the husband off to work on Thursday, our tire pressure light went off in our car...again.  For some reason, we keep getting bead leaks in our tires, and it is super annoying.  During the winter, I think we took it in every 2-3 weeks for a while.

So I got to spend some of my time off dealing with that, after dropping the pups off at doggy daycare.  Which, doggy daycare is the best!  They get to run around all day, and get nice and worn out by the time we pick them up at the end of the day.  Not having them underfoot while trying to get things done around the house is a HUGE plus!

After dealing with the car, I did some weeding and edging in the front and side yard, which needed it badly...I am still not done, but it is a definite improvement!


Before

This was a couple weeks ago when everything had bloomed and looked pretty, but the weeds and grass are everywhere!















After

The blooms are gone, but so are the weeds and most of the grass!  And I love having the nice edge on the flower bed too!















During this whole process, I tweaked my neck, which hurt like the Dickens for the next 2 days, but I feel fine so far today, so that is good!

Later that night (Thursday), I got a call from my parents who were driving up to Washington to visit my sister and her family for the twins' baptism on Saturday, and it turned out that their car had completely died when they hit Burley!  So they had their car towed to Pocatello, and they stayed with us for the night, and then they rented a car here, and left the next day, but luckily still made the baptism!  So glad I had the day off to help them get where they needed to be!

Friday was spent getting things done around the inside of the house, since my neck was giving me grief, and making it difficult to move, and it was nice to have a relaxing day with almost zero responsibilities.

On Saturday, we decided to take a day trip to Shoshone Falls, since Bruce had never been before, and I figured that since we live relatively close to it, we should make the most of it!  The weather turned out not to be as nice yesterday in Twin Falls as it was in Pocatello, so it was pretty overcast, but they were still really pretty, and impressive!  Bruce is always a bit wary of being so close to large waterfalls, but he thought they were pretty neat too.

The Falls
 He looks a little nervous!
On solid ground, much more relaxed!













It was fun to get away together for a little trip.  We didn't take a big trip this year like we have in years past, so even just this little jaunt was nice.

Later in the day, my stud of a husband did the edging and laying of pavers in our backyard to create a mowing strip along our flower bed, and it looks amazing!  He is such a stud!

 The flower bed desperately needs to be weeded!
Such an improvement!


















I am now of the opinion that weekends always need to be 4 days long...it really is the only way to get all of your projects and chores done, and still have time to relax a bit!  Whoever decided that 2 days off per week is sufficient is crazy.

No comments: