5.20.2018

Sleepless in Seattle


Bruce and I returned from our trip to Seattle a few weeks ago, where he received his MBA!  I am so incredibly proud of him and this amazing accomplishment!  He has put in so much hard work, time, and effort into this journey, and we are both glad it is at an end.

Our trip out to the great pacific northwest began at 3:30am on the day we headed out.  We decided that leaving ridiculously early on our 12 hour drive would be better than getting in late, so we took the driving in shifts, and I was the "fortunate" one who got to drive first.  We had gorgeous weather on the drive there, and we listened to "Ready Player One" on audio book.

We stayed with my sister Jenelle and her family on this trip, and we spent the first few days doing activities in both Redmond and Seattle, including doing an escape room with Jen, shopping, watching Avenger's Infinity War (with a great photo-bomber behind us), wandering around Seattle, eating macarons, visiting the Amazon Go store, the Chihuly Gardens, the Space Needle (note to self, don't wear a green shirt if your picture is going to be taken in front of a green screen!), and the waterfront.






















Bruce's parents flew in for the graduation, and we met up with them for dinner the night before graduation and went to The Crab Pot down by the waterfront.  I had always heard about this restaurant, but had never been, so it was a fun experience to share with them.











The next day, Bruce's graduation took place at Key Arena, and it was so exciting to see him walk across that stage to receive his diploma (or, at least the booklet that will sold his diploma once he receives it)!  We then went to Pike Place Market for lunch and some good old fashioned wandering and shopping.  We ate lunch at Pike Place Chowder where we sampled all of their various chowders, and we purchased some fun items from the various shops at the market, including an amazing Blackberry Vanilla Jam that I cannot rave about enough!  It is truly fantastic!  Afterward, we went to the Seattle Aquarium and enjoyed watching the fish, touching sea creatures in the tide pools, and seeing the adorable otters during feeding time!


























The next day, Bruce's parents headed home, and he and I headed to my home town of North Bend, where we attended my old church, and it was so much fun to catch up with people that I have not seen in 15+ years. It was surreal to be back in the place that I grew up, that holds so many memories, and to know that so much has changed in my life, and in the lives of those I knew, and even how much the town has changed.

Our remaining days were spent with my sister's family, playing, organizing, decorating, shopping, and talking. I miss seeing my sister, and it was so nice to spend time with her and her family and to see them in their home.

On the day we headed home, we decided to stop for breakfast in Snoqualmie at the Mt. Si Golf Course, since we had read that the view was just as great as the food.  However, it was ridiculously foggy on this particular morning, so we really just had the great food, until the sun started burning off the fog halfway through our meal, and then the view did not disappoint either!  So green and gorgeous!  I have a definite soft spot for Mount Si, and it always signals "home" whenever I see it.  So it was good to see it as we said goodbye to our trip.


No comments: