11.24.2008

The Freezer Section

Ugh.

I don't really like making decisions. Ask anyone that knows me, Lisa is not a decision maker!

Whether it be because (A) I really just don't care. (B) Whatever I choose doesn't really matter. (C) I don't want to have to choose between two very different, but very good options. (D) You've already made the decision and you just want me to validate it. Or (E) I don't want to make the decision I know I should and therefore it is easier just to take the cop-out.

I've had to make a lot of decisions about my life that I thought I'd already made before. Re-examining my life and taking stock of myself. Luckily I have had no short supply of "helpful" people offering their advice on what I should change about myself, so I think I'm covered there. Apparently I have a lot of work to do.

One of the more glaring offenses that has been brought to my attention is that I'm not much of a talker. I don't do chit-chat very well. Personally I never thought that having the ability to mindlessly babble and prattle away with people was much of a quality one would want to possess. But evidently I am in great need of it. Obviously it makes me seem unfriendly. However, I seem to have enough friends....so....don't count on me making chatter for chatter's sake anytime soon.

I am going home for Thanksgiving afterall, which will be....an adventure. We'll see what happens. The weather has taken a very wintry turn. I can see my breath when I go walking, I shake because I'm freezing, and the fact that I naturally run about 10 degrees colder than most people becomes very obnoxious this time of year. I unconsciously walk closer to people because even though they're cold too, I know they have to be warmer than I am. I kept running into Kelly the other day and she retaliated by "bumping" me back. She is a tough bumper, I felt like a pinball bouncing across the sidewalk. It was funny though. :)

So...yeah..there you have it, another incoherent, pointless post from yours truly. This is why I'm not a writer.

No comments: