5.17.2009

Tanta Lisa

Okay, so update!

My first flight...made me sick...let's admit it, we all knew it was going to happen. Glad I can keep living up to everyone's high expectations! :)

The babies...are simply adorable, and I'm not just saying that because they're my nieces and you have to say that about your nieces. They really are adorable. They are out of that weird "I look like an alien" stage, which is very helpful!

My little niece Annika (who is almost 2) took a little time to warm up to me, she would play with me, but she would pretty much freak out after every time she woke up and I was there, or when her parents would leave the room. I will happily say that she loves me now and affectionately calls me "Tanta Lisa". Tanta means aunt in German, which her father speaks to her, so she naturally speaks a little bit of it as well.
She loves seeing pictures of herself, so I took some with my camera and showed them to her, she would get excited and say "Annika picture!"....so cute! Okay, I may be slightly biased, but I don't care.

I got to have a "free day" yesterday, where my "keepers" let me pretty much do whatever I wanted. So naturally I went into Portland to Powell's, the most amazing bookstore ever! I could seriously spend so much time and money in that place, I had to force myself to maintain some control however, since I would have to traipse all over Portland with the books I was going to buy. I also went to a Farmer's Market on the Portland State University campus, and to a Saturday Market, which was basically like a huge street fair of sorts, people selling their wares, food booths, live music, all sorts of fun stuff, it even made the fact that it was in kinda a sketchy part of town not as important. The weather was perfect, and I even got back to the house a little bit more tan than when I left.

All in all, a good time so far.

I'll let you know when I want to die from lack of sleep...a product of waking up for early morning feedings... fun fun!

No comments: