9.16.2009

Just another day

There is a man who used to work at my restaurant, we'll call him Sam, mostly because that's his name. Sam was a hospitable man towards customers, and really needed this job. Sam also was kinda scary. He had quite the temper and could be just plain terrifying. To top it all off for me, he loathed me to the very core. I'm not exaggerating here. I have a feeling that if he had had the means to do it, he'd probably have me killed.

Anyway, why this long rant about a former employee? Well, I'll tell you. Apparently, this lovely individual came into my place of business last night through the kitchen, clutching something white and powdery in his hand, drunk and delirious, he asked for a drink of water, which he was given, he then proceeded to offer his white powder to my co-workers, it's not powdered sugar people, it was dope. DOPE! In my kitchen at work! Seriously? Deadly.

After being rebuffed, he proceeded into the main dining room of the restaurant where he verbally and sexually harrassed my waitstaff. What really puts the cherry on this one, is the fact that my co-manager who was there at the time did not kick the man out! No, she sat there trying to talk to him while he harrassed her as well! Honestly, call the police and have him taken away!

He came in again this afternoon while I was there, asking to see Kim (the aforementioned manager) so he could ask her for money for cigarettes. We instead told him she wasn't there (which she was) and Steve (one of my protective chefs) calmly explained to him that he is not welcome in our establishment and that we will contact the authorities if necessary.

I wish I could say that things like this are completely out of the ordinary for me, but that would be a lie.

No comments: