1.02.2010

Out with the old

Welcome to 2010

The year everyone is hoping will be better.

All around me, people are clamoring that 2009 wasn't a very good year for them.  And it's not just a few individuals pleading for relief from the woes of the last decade, it seems to be the majority.

Was last year really all that bad?
Yes, I know bad things happened last year, but bad things happen every year.  I think a lot of it has to do with our outlook on the events that come our way.  Take the good with the bad.  How would we know the sweet without the bitter?

Here is what 2009 held for me:
  • Race car themed birthday
  • Watching movies with good friends
  • Dying Easter Eggs while listening to General Conference
  • The purchase of a new living room rug that I love
  • My first, second, third and fourth flights (all within 3 weeks of each other)
  • Spending time in Portland
  • Seeing my new neices
  • Playing with my adorable nephew
  • Reading 365 penguins a million times
  • Fixing cars
  • Painting Pottery
  • Meeting and becoming friends with new people
  • Painting the apartment
  • Hosting Break the Fast every month
  • Plunger Girl strikes again!
  • Bananagrams
  • Tuachan and St. George with Kelly
  • Deciding to go to Germany
  • Ace-ing my classes
  • Totally awkward dates
  • Learning and growing from failed relationships
  • Listening
  • Way too much time at work
  • Making jaws drop
  • Spending time at the gym
  • Seeing people I know everywhere I go
  • Thanksgiving with my family
  • Rereading old books
  • People watching
  • Avoiding the Bus Driver fiasco
  • Laughing til it hurts
  • Long walks to nowhere
  • Getting a piano tuned
  • Having Megan stay as an invalid and just because
  • Standing up for myself
  • Helping friends move
  • Steaming mugs of hot cocoa
  • Many more Junior Mints
  • Special moments in the Temple with friends 
Yes, the year has had its ups and downs, but looking back, I want to remember the good.
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: