3.18.2010

Let's bring you up to speed, shall we?

In the last 2 weeks, a few things have occurred.
Among them are:

I received a job offer from Western Governor's University to work in their Transcript department, in a brand new position they just created.  The position is full-time, with benefits, major improvement over my previous situation.  I did have to wait a couple weeks to receive my official offer letter, and my start date is the 23rd of this month, so I am looking forward to that still.

In the course of putting in my 2 weeks notice at my previous job (where I had zero respect, low pay and not-so-good daily interactions with co-workers) it was brought to my attention that certain people felt I was stealing from them (news to me), not a very fun way to leave a place I'd worked for 3 years.  I have never had my integrity put into question like that, and I hope it never occurs again.  So instead of enduring the next 2 weeks with people who felt I had stolen from them, I pretty much quit then and there.

So there I was, jobless for the next 2 weeks.  What is a girl (who currently isn't in school) to do?  Well, I finished reading 2 books and started another, I stained my kitchen table and chairs (a project 2 years in the making), I did some blog-stalking, traveled to Las Vegas with my fabulous roommate, watched movies with friends, ate sushi, returned to volleyball, made greeting cards, experimented with tofu (again, this time slightly more successfully), stayed up late and slept in.

In all actuality, I am going a bit stir-crazy.  I am not used to not working, and although it may sound nice not having to go to a 9-5 (or in my previous case, a 6-3), I am excessively grateful that it is quickly coming to an end.

No comments: