5.28.2010

I hate thinking up titles for these

The date last night was really good.
We met up down at the Gateway Mall, and chatted for a bit before hitting the road on his, truth be told, quite fabulous motorcycle, and headed to Cedars of Lebanon.  Neither one of us had ever had Lebanese food before, and we were eager to try it out.
We sat in a room that looked like it had a giant bed comforter attatched to the ceiling with a giant, pointy chandelier sticking out of the middle.  This "comforter" would be a favorite topic of conversation by the end of the evening.
We asked our server for recommendations on what to get since we were novices in this particular area, she proceeded to recommend the entire menu.  Not overly helpful, but we did end up choosing a couple of the items she talked about (afterall, we had to order off the menu....)  We shared some Baba Ganooj, which is basically an eggplant version of Hummus, and it was really good!  Then we shared something called Pastilla, which had a sweet meat and I think eggplant in a flaky, phylo-dough thing-a-ma-hoo-sit, also, really good.  I'm not sure of the name of the other dish we got, largely because even while we were looking at the menu, we both couldn't pronounce it, but it was tasty.
I highly recommend Cedars of Lebanon for all your Lebanese needs.
Overall, the date went really well, although I did get a parking ticket from the lovely people at the Gateway, cherry on top of that date....I don't think anything more will come of it though, but I am more than okay with that. 
These last couple dates I have been on have restored my faith in men and dating, so that's pretty good.  I'm happy to be out there and meeting people, I tend to go on a lot of first dates that are either weird and awkward, or that immediately turn into whirlwind relationships, so I am quite content in having dates I enjoy with intelligent, witty and charming men, even if it leads no where.

Although, now I really want a motorcycle.  :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Yay for faith restored in dating! That's awesome. And a motorcycle ride to boot!

Also, if you like Cedars, you should try Mazza (9th and 9th) for some other Middle Eastern cuisine. I highly recommend the labneh (it's a yogurt-type dip with olive oil...hard to explain!) and the stuffed grape leaves. Great...now I'm craving it!