3.08.2012

Foodie

I've been told that I'm a foodie.  Judging by my waistline, I'm inclined to agree.
I used to hate cooking.  When I was younger, I abhorred the idea of having to create meals, no matter what the composition.  I could probably count on both hands the number of times I cooked or baked growing up.

Now, I lose myself in looking at new recipes, and I love trying them out.  Granted, I still loathe grocery shopping, which is I suppose a large part of the whole "meal preparation" thing, but I enjoy exploring the wonderful world of recipes.

Among other things, I have recently made a number of vegan desserts, and a number of definitely non-vegan items...Imitation Cafe Rio Barbacoa Pork burritos with creamy cilantro lime dressing makes the top of this list.  Not to be outdone by vegetarian lasagna, pumpkin bread, pear gallette, chocolate fudge balls (vegan), chocolate chip cookie pie (vegan), Chipotle chicken and arugula panini's, cilantro lime rice, spinach feta pie...so many good things!

I do need to put a curb on my recipe perusing, it does seem to take over quite a bit of time...and then forces me to go shopping...

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

I would never have guessed my sis is a foodie! But those recipes sound delicious...and maybe I need to sample some of your kitchen creation powers in August!