1.04.2013

YTC

Two years ago, I started making overarching goals for my year (because I don't necessarily like New Years resolutions).  First came YCB, or the Year of the Classy Broad, which sought to have me incorporate more classy activities into my life such as drinking out of fancy stemware, dressing up, traveling, trying new restaurants, accepting compliments graciously and being kinder.  Next came the YWB, or the Year of Well-Being, in which I tried to strive for a spiritual, emotional and physical well-being, standing up for others, knowing who I am and being happy.  What I like about dubbing my years is that the things I do and the attitudes and outlooks I gain can continue into the succeeding year, since we are never truly done improving our lives.

I have thus dubbed this the YTC, or the Year of Taking Control.  Probably sounds more exciting than it is, I plan on taking control in various areas of my life, in the past I have wished I had time to read more books, cook, learn to sew, be more crafty, finish school, be more daring...whatever, well, this is the year that I (finally) take control of my life and where I am going.

I will not let the actions and feelings of others dictate my life and negatively influence me.  I will be the person I want to be, realizing that I make mistakes and have the right to adjust my path and expectations as I go along.

Here's to taking control!

1 comment:

Jannifer said...

Lisa, in my time knowing you, I've always loved that you have themes for each year. It's very cool.