1.04.2013

Merry (belated) Christmas!

Oh Christmas...

Yes, this is my Christmas re-cap post since I do not blog on a regular basis...much to your chagrin, I'm sure.

I began my Christmas shopping fairly early on in November.  I'm sure many people in the world begin their Christmas shopping earlier than that, but this was early for me.  Just because I began my Christmas shopping early though does not in any way mean that I finished it early...technically I purchased a Christmas gift after Christmas, but what T doesn't know won't hurt me.

I always have the most fun purchasing Christmas presents for Kelly, and to make matters easier this year, we made each other Christmas lists (seriously, I LOVE having a list to go off of.....but I HATE making them myself) which was basically brilliant.  I was fortunate enough to already know a few key items she wanted, and thanks to an Amazon wishlist (also, another great thing...I like lists) I could branch out a little...though the list could use some updating before her birthday...hint, hint.

Anyway, Kelly and I decided to celebrate our roomie Christmas on the 23rd since we were both heading to our respective homes on the 24th.  I love roomie Christmas, I am definitely going to miss it someday.  While many of the gifts Kelly got were less than thrilling (pens, pencils, erasers, bookmarks....luna bars....don't ask), it was fun to see her face when she opened the coveted Les Miserables 25th Anniversary whats-it-what DVD.  Priceless!

I totally scored, she knows me so well!  I got a super soft electric blanket, new slippers and a GORGEOUS tree calendar.  I love trees, and I love this calendar!

Christmas with the family was fun too.  I love watching the kids (my brother's kids) get so excited about everything, and it's amazing to watch James and Lillian do so many of the same things that Mike and I did when we were their age.

End of disjointed post.


No comments: