6.25.2014

Lemonny Goodness

We used lemons as part of our wedding decor.




















They are bright, pretty, inexpensive, and work well in a vase, or just sitting on a table.

Now that the wedding is over though, we have a plethora of lemons left over... like, tons.

After using a few to make lemon bars, it was quickly apparent that I would need to come up with a better solution to utilize the little yellow guys before they went bad and were beyond the point of no return.

So I spent Monday evening zesting and juicing about 50 lemons.  Which, 50 lemons may not seem like a lot, but trust me, it is.  The zest is currently drying out for future use in various recipes, and the juice is in the freezer to serve a similar purpose.

All in all, it took about 2 hours to wash, zest, and juice the buggers, and they repaid me by helping me locate each and every tiny cut I had on my fingers or hands.

So thoughtful of them.

No comments: