3.06.2009

In my World

You know when your week is just going great, not too fast, not too slow, people are nice and everything just seems lovely? This is so not that week.

Do you ever forget what day it is? Or have a Tuesday feel like a Friday?

I do. Today is Friday, and I am actually not quite sure what day it feels like, but I can tell you it's not Friday.

This week has been so discombobulated and disjointed that it kinda hurts my noggin.

My boss had a hernia operation a week ago today, and being the insane man that he is, he has been coming in to work every day since. Oh, he looks like he's going to keel over at any second and the smile he wears is more like a grimace, but what can I say, he's my boss and he's nuts.

Although, one good thing about him coming in to work is that he finally realized how incredibly ridiculous it is that my co-workers call (or don't even bother to call) in sick at the very last moment and we're left holding the short end of the stick. This week we had 2 people call in which left us with 2 people to handle the entire restaurant on top of a group of 50 that we had in the back. Things like this happen all the time. And they shouldn't. So my boss went on the rampage and called the "repeat offenders" and pretty much told them what was what. They'll either be coming in, finding people to cover for them, or getting fired. The last option really wouldn't bother me for some of them, I must admit.

I talk about work too much. But I guess that is to be expected when you spend 40+ hours a week somewhere.
















I would mention my aggravating design class, but that merely makes me mad, so I'll refrain.

I guess that's all for today.

No comments: