3.20.2009

My Grail Quest

I know I talk about work a lot, but frankly, it takes up most of my daily life, so it's to be expected. Yesterday was not a good day at work. And I'm just going to leave it at that because I don't think I can run through that one again. Bad day.

I was talking to a friend of mine today, who got married last year and lives with her husband in the Murray area, she's a year older than me, and she's always told me how weird it is to consider herself old enough to be doing things like getting married and what not. She's not at the point where she wants kids yet, but while talking to her today, she mentioned that she and her husband were looking into buying a house. Completely natural, grown-up thing to do. It kinda threw me for a bit of a whirl, I realized that yes, people our age do buy houses, they do get married and have kids and have grown-up problems because, we're grown-ups. (I love how I say grown-ups like I'm 5 years old or something). I guess I missed the whole memo when I was growing up that it comes before you expect it. As a kid, I always was seen as older than I was, and it still happens to this day, and now I'm not really sure what to do with my adulthood. It's like going on a quest for the Holy Grail and finding it and going, "Okay, now what do I do with it?"

I'm taking a bunch of time off in May. I'm going to Portland to be with my sister after she has her twins, which means I'll be taking my first flight ever (yes my first, I am that lame that I am the age I am and haven't flown anywhere). I am excited to see her and her family, and also to spend some more time in Portland since it is ultimately the kind of area I would like to end up living in. The day my flight gets back from Portland, my roommate and I are flying out to California for a few days, we'll see her old haunts, where she went to school, her friend Sara, the beach, it's going to be great!

No comments: