3.10.2009

Take a vacation John, take a vacation

So I didn't set my alarm last night, which resulted in me waking up at the exact moment I was supposed to be at work (there's a first time for things like that, this was mine). While I was walking to work, one of my co-workers called my cell phone to tell me that my boss John had called work and wanted to talk to me (of course on the day I'm late). So the second I walked in the door, I went upstairs and called his cell phone...no answer, so I called his house...I woke up his wife Magdi (I felt really really bad) and asked to talk to John, at which time she informed me that he wasn't home, he was actually in the hospital. The Hospital? So she gave me the direct number to his room and I again apologized for waking her up. I called the number she gave me and heard John's voice on the other line, our conversation went something like this:

J: "Hello?"
L: "What are you doing in the hospital?"
J: "Who is this?"
L: "It's Lisa, what are you doing in the hospital?"
J: "The doctors thought I might have a blood clot in my lung so they kept me overnight."
L: "Are you okay?"
J: "Oh sure! So since I'm here, I might not be coming in today."
L: "Might not? How about absolutely are not."
J: "We'll see about that."

My boss seriously needs to learn to take a day off.

No comments: