10.05.2010

Clang! Clang! Clang! Went the trolley...

I'm "watching" Meet Me in St. Louis right now, and can't help but laugh at the silly relationship foibles that are contained therein.  Granted, I know that they are there for comedic relief, but it is also good for people to avoid some of these actions.

1. Do not obsess over people you don't actually know
2. Do not tell someone they smell like your grandmother....or your grandfather...or your aunt, uncle, father or mother...just stay away from familial references
3. Do not sing love songs in public, and then be shocked when the person you're singing about happens to be right there when you turn around...that's just how karma works
4. Do not bite, kick or hit your intended.  It gives the wrong impression...
5. Do not "make up your mind" that you're going to "let" someone kiss you, and then be bitterly disappointed when they don't do it, unless you previously told them you would let them kiss you, in which case, you can be mildly disappointed
6. Do not forget proper decorum, propriety and good sense in your relationships

Silly people....yes, that means you, Judy Garland.

2 comments:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

I LOVE that movie. It makes me happy. I really like your insights. For instace, I started singing on my way up the escalator and I turned around and the man of my dreams happened to be right behind me... Just kidding. I really do wish. Love your guts.

Jenelle said...

I still like the movie even if it's silly...