2.22.2011

Long time, No read

I know!  It's been a long time since I last posted...almost 20 days actually.  I apologize.
You wouldn't believe the number of times I thought to myself, "Self...(I actually refer to myself as 'Goddess Divine', but that's another story...anyway...) Self...you should really get your act together and write on your blog."  At which point a silent battle ensues between the creative side of my brain, and the side that wants to go to sleep (did I fail to mention that this battle tends to happen around 11:30 at night?)...you can tell which side of the brain has been winning lately.

Well, I managed to get enough done on my homework that I felt comfortable stopping a bit earlier than anticipated, so now you lovely readers get to enjoy the "creative" side of my brain for a little bit.  You're such lucky people!

Since the last time I graced you with my typing skills, I have spent an inordinate amount of time at work, gotten the flu, re-read some Harry Potter, done some homework, made fondue, eaten fondue, sprinted toward buses and trains (with moderate success), painted pottery, discovered the wonders of the Shark steam mop, pranced in snow, lifted heavy suitcases, done homework, avoided homework, closed an online-dating profile, looked at apartments, played games, eaten trifle and sushi (not together, that would be gross), seen old friends, gone to Park City, looked adorable (naturally...), attempted crossword puzzles, been chastised, learned lots of not-so-useful Presidential trivia, almost committed to hiking Havasupai in May, contemplated trips to San Diego or Portland, spent time with my Mumsie (yep, that would be you Mom...embrace your new nickname), replaced a kaput flat-iron, cooked some deliciousness, cleaned up messes and attempted to sleep in.

All in all, not a bad 2 weeks, though some parts of it were definitely better than others (those who have already heard me vent can attest), but for the most part I can't complain too much...or at least I don't really want to.

2 comments:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

I've missed your postings... I'm sorry you were sick, but I'm also glad you had some down time to read Harry Potter. You're amazing.

AJV said...

I actually refer to myself as 'Goddess Divine'

Sounds like you have reasonably good self-esteem.