2.03.2011

You do WHAT?

I would like to state for the record that I am not crazy.
I have not entered the Twilight Zone, nor have I been invaded by a body snatcher (as far as I know).

Why am I starting this post off on the defensive?

Well....because I have started doing something completely out of character.  No, I did not realize my lifelong dream of becoming a singer on Broadway, hop a plane to New York, and start auditioning like there was no tomorrow.  Though, that's not a half bad idea...maybe if things don't pan out in the next couple years...

Focus, Lisa.  Focus.

I have joined the mad throngs of women who watch a certain show.  A show that part of me is really ashamed to watch...no, I did not start watching Glee, I'm not that crazy.  I've started watching Say Yes to the Dress on Netflix.

I know!  I know...I'm not that person.  I don't ogle wedding dresses.  I haven't dreamed of weddings for the past 25 years, I don't really care about all that stuff....though, I do like lace.  That much I know.

I like watching the show and seeing these girls (who have WAY too much money available to them for a DRESS!) find the dress of their dreams, I like seeing their face light up, their parents shed tears of joy, I got some satisfaction when the crazy consultant I didn't like got fired (I'm awful, I know). 

I do find it a bit funny that while watching the show, I think things like, "I could never wear something like that", "I can't believe someone designed something that looks like that", "Not only did someone design something that looks like that, but someone bought something that looks like that!", and my favorite, "That wouldn't work for a Mormon wedding".  That last one crosses my mind multiple times during an episode...because I'm cool like that.

So no, I am not sitting here bemoaning the fact that I am a single gal, nor am I hankering to try on poofy white dresses, I just like watching other people do it.

No comments: