6.14.2012

Hey, Good Lookin'! What'cha Got Cookin'?

I've recently been doing quite a bit of cooking.  Cooking that is ultimately put into the freezer and saved for later use...largely because I'm a creature of convenience. I am still experimenting with recipes from SkinnyTaste.com, which is an awesome website full of healthy recipes that don't taste like cardboard...which in my opinion is the best kind of healthy!

I now have Turkey Zucchini Burgers, Spicy Black Bean Burgers, Baked Chicken Nuggets, and Spinach Chicken Rollatini's sitting in my freezer, just waiting to be used.  I also made some Cauliflower Fritters, which by themselves are less than exciting, but once you put some sort of sauce with them, they're not bad...though I don't think I'll make them again once I've made my way through them.

Tonight, I had some leftover spinach and chicken from making the Rollatini's, so I created a Chicken Florentine Pasta featuring garlic-seasoned chicken and homemade cashew pesto.  I am pretty proud of how delicious it was, and will be more than happy to eat the leftovers over the next few days.

I still have a few things on my list to make, such as Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups, Oven Roasted Cauliflower, Sweet Barbacoa Pork, Insanely Good Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (sounds insanely good), Skinny Scalloped Potato Gratin, Raspberry-Lemon Muffins, Applesauce Nut Bread, Spinach & Feta Stuffed Chicken, and any other tasty items that appear to be interesting.

First order of business though is to mix up some Black Bean & Corn Salsa for my trip to Bear Lake on Saturday.


* I added links to the recipes, just for you, Jannifer  :)

2 comments:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

That all sounds tasty! I'm on a super strict diet so I'll be taking my own food up to Bear Lake, but I'm excited.

Jannifer said...

You should post links to the recipes that turned out good. Because all of that sounds amazing.