6.17.2013

I love the fishes...

Two Saturdays ago, I was driving home from a ward shindig when I passed a cop.  The cop, sensing my desire to meet him, turned on his flashing lights and flipped a U-Turn in hopes that I would see him and we could have a friendly chat...

Okay, my interpretation of the scenario might be a little off...

Turns out that my left headlight had burnt out and I was summarily told to fix it.

Monday afternoon, I purchased a new bulb for the aforementioned headlight, and had a friend change it out for me that evening!  Problem solved!  We also discovered a fair amount of water sloshing around in the headlight chamber (I don't know that they are actually called "chambers", but whatever), and it was suggested that I should keep a goldfish in there for fun....though something tells me that the fishy wouldn't last too long...I can't even keep them alive when they aren't  in unfriendly surroundings.

Fast forward a couple days...

I'm driving home one evening, and notice that my headlight is out again!  Now, those of you that know what happens to hot glass when it touches cold liquid have already deduced what my problem is...the Trusty Justy likes to blow things up, apparently.

Because of the water in my headlight chamber (yep, chamber) I cannot merely replace the bulb and be done with it.  Unfortunately, I also cannot just empty out the existing water and call it good either, since there are some pretty major cracks in the plastic and water has a tendency (clearly) to collect there.  So I get to replace the whole light...chamber...thing.

P.S.  Did you know that Justy headlights aren't the easiest thing to come by?

This is gonna cost a pretty penny.

Meanwhile, I keep getting pulled over for having a headlight out.  It's fun.  Makes me feel like a rebel.

1 comment:

jm said...

If you can get the water back you can try taping over the cracks with packing tape until you can get a new chamber.