6.16.2013

Meeting People

Meeting people can be hard.

Especially if you have hermit-like tendencies and spent the better part of the last year trying to avoid interaction with human-kind. Okay, so I wasn't quite that bad...

For the last 5 years, I have always had Kelly with me in my corner, so if I decided to make other friends, that was fine, the more the merrier!  But if I didn't want to, that was okay too, because I had Kelly.

When I moved here, I didn't have a friend safety net.  I had to *gulp* actually go out of my way to meet people.

So my second Sunday in my ward, I did just that...I virtually ingratiated myself into a hilarious group of people, who as yet are none-the-wiser that I am a bit of a social-outcast/nerd....but a funny one...

My new friends invited me over to their house for Orange Julius' and chatting...little did I know that these people are serious night-owls....a fact that I learned right quick.  Anyway, there was a little group of us, maybe 5 girls and 2 guys, and we just chatted a bit and got to know one another...or rather I got a glimpse into who these funny Idaho people were, and they decided I was interesting enough to keep around for a bit.  Secure in the fact that  I hadn't thoroughly embarrassed myself and knowing that I had stayed up WAY too late (yeah, it was all of 11:00), I went home and went to bed.

The next day, I got ready to start a workout video...which meant that I put on my cutest workout outfit, did my hair just so, and made sure my makeup was perfectly in place....NOT.  My workout clothes are mismatched (black pants, green top, brown shoes), my hair was pulled back and I had clips keeping my bangs out of my face...at odd angles, and makeup did not grace this face.  I had just started the beginning yoga routine, when I heard a knock at the door.

I paused.  Did someone just knock on my door?  No one knows me, maybe it was for the neighbors.... I'll ignore it.   But wait...maybe it's the FedEx guy, I am waiting for something to arrive...

So I checked out the window to see if there was a FedEx truck out there.  No FedEx truck.  However, I did recognize the car belonging to one of the guys I had met the night before.  I looked down to survey the mess that was currently me... there was no way it would be a quick fix... so I decided to open the door, looking like something off People of Walmart.

This particular guy has since learned to inform me ahead of time when he is in the vicinity...and asks if I'm decent when I open the door...it's much safer for all involved that way.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Favorite quote of the day.... "people of walmart." I needed that laugh.