11.19.2013

Gift Giving

I did the bulk of my Christmas shopping today.

Shopping and wrapping.

Can I tell you how weird it is to figure out the logistics of Christmas gift-giving more than a month before the actual holiday?  I am staying in Idaho over Christmas, so my gifts will be delivered to their recipients over Thanksgiving.  The person that this is proving to be the most complicated for is Kelly.  This is our first Christmas apart in 5 years, and it's been a challenge to figure out how this will all work this year.  We typically do stockings and gifts for each other, and figuring into the mix the fact that I can normally see her immediate needs and wants, and buy last-minute gifts, it's weird having the disconnect and having to get it all figured out by next week.  Granted it won't all be like it's been in the past, far more casual and less involved, but Christmas socks and ornaments are a tradition and must be continued!

I also need to figure out what to get the little brother...or rather, he needs to figure out what he wants and get back to me.

No comments: