8.31.2014

Bread & Butter

My madre bought me a bread machine a number of years ago at a garage sale.  It was a steal at $5, how could you resist the savings?!

I had grand visions of making homemade bread on a regular basis, but in truth, I think I've only used it about 4 times in the last 4 years, but I have dutifully transported it from apartment to apartment as I continue to move across city, county, and state lines.

So yesterday I decided to bust the sucker out and bake some whole wheat bread.

The contraption really is a marvel.

It does my mixing, kneading, rising, and baking for me.  All I have to do is add the ingredients then press a button, and a few hours later, I have freshly baked bread!

I was perusing some of the recipes, and I am determined to try some of them, and before another year has passed...because it's a shame to let such a lovely invention go to waste.

No comments: