4.08.2015

Alaska!

Bruce and I took a trip to Alaska over his spring break at the end of March.  It was actually a spur of the moment decision that we made one night in February, and ended up buying tickets that very night.

We were able to stay with Bruce's sister and her husband at their home in Anchorage.  It was fun getting to know them better, since they have lived in Alaska for as long as I have known my hubby, which doesn't allow for a ton of "getting to know you" time.

Bruce and I were able to hike a glacier.

















We even saw a moose right next to our car on our way home from the glacier! (He declined a photo-op)

We hiked Blueberry Hill, which had a nice view of Anchorage and the inlet.  Bruce got to see the ocean for the first time too!  One of the days, we walked around downtown Anchorage and went down to the inlet and saw all the huge chunks of ice flowing through the water, which was really cool.

Ashley and Wilson took us to Girdwood, which has the rainforest (yep!  A rainforest in Alaska)




















It reminded me so much of where I grew up!  It was crazy!  I haven't seen moss like that in forever!  It was rainy, muddy, and beautiful.

Bruce and I both ended up sick while on our trip, but it didn't dampen the fun that we had.  So glad we were able to go!

No comments: