4.01.2009

What's in a name?

Along with my face, my last name also starts conversations.

My last name is Fairbanks, and there are quite a few Fairbanks' around, especially in Utah. I never had this problem when I lived in Washington.

When someone hears my last name, the next question they ask generally starts like this,

"Fairbanks, really? Are you related to.....(insert name here)"
"Yes, I am"
I usually do not know the person they are asking about, but really, all Fairbanks' are related. All of them.

So therefore, yes, I am related to the sculptor.

I get that question most often. When I go to the store, when I go to the Temple, at work, at school, everywhere.

No, I have never been to Fairbanks, Alaska. Thanks for asking

Maybe when I marry Snifflehopper Smith*, I won't get those questions anymore. :)





*see www.courageousinsanity.blogspot.com

No comments: