6.21.2009

Sunshine in a bag

It's Father's Day!

And in the spirit of Father's Day, I called my....you guessed it, I called my Padre. Now, I don't know about your dad, but when I called mine, really all he wanted to do was talk about me. Weird, I know, but it's true.

He asked how I'm doing, what's new, how work is going, if I'm happy, things like that. Which of course made me think about it later, and made me realize that I am happy.

I work at a pretty crummy job, but I'm happy.
I am still in school and don't know how I'm going to pay for it, but I'm happy.
I am not dating anyone nor do I have any real prospects, but I'm happy.
My primary mode of transportation wears on my feet, but I'm happy.
My landlord finally fixed my kitchen faucet after a year of nagging, so of course I'm happy.
The sun shines through the rain storms, I'm happy.
The plant in the living room is miraculously still alive, I'm happy.
Everything is so green outside, I'm very happy.

And most importantly,

I can feel my Savior's love for me, I'm happy.
I know the Gospel is real, and true, and amazing, I'm happy.
I am so blessed, and fortunate to be where I am and surrounded by strong, amazing individuals, I am happy!

No comments: