6.28.2009

Blimey!

You have not experienced exactly how hilarious Harry Potter is, until you have read it with me and Kelly. Last night, Kelly was sitting down to re-read the sixth Harry Potter book in preparation for the movie which is coming out soon. I asked her to re-cap some of the events for me since it has been a while since I have read it myself, she did so, and then asked if she wanted me to have her read it out loud.

This is not a weird question for her to ask mind you, we've read books to each other before, and it's an experience worth trying.

For those of you who are dedicated story tellers, you know that a story isn't complete without an accent, hand motions and facial expressions. This is also true for when Kelly and I read to each other.

After reading a chapter a piece, Kelly suggested I get my copy so we could make the conversations in the book sound a bit more like actual conversations.

If you have never tried this, and face it, you probably haven't, you should. It is so funny. Or at least it is for us. Our accents kept changing, and we realized that every time we would read the part of Hagrid, he came out sounding like a redneck, we think he is one at heart.

Seriously though, Harry Potter has never been funnier.

You should come over for a reading! Bring your book, you can be Ron. :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

love it! i frequently read to sam, but havent yet done the accents. needless to say, i'll be doing the accents now. thanks for this wonderful story that has inspire me to try something new.