8.04.2009

So I'm not Jack Bauer, so what?

Here is my issue with shows like "24"

Don't get me wrong, Jack Bauer is a lean, mean, killing, government-saving, neuro-toxin surviving, interrogating, intimidating machine. I will give you that. He can kick anyone's knickers.

But here is my issue. If all of these events are supposed to occur over the course of 24 hours, or, one hour per episode, all of the people in this show have really crappy lives. I mean getting kidnapped multiple times in a day, numerous death threats within the course of a few hours, constantly running for your life at nearly all hours of the day and night, and during all this time, no one takes a bathroom break, sleeps, eats or does anything remotely normal.

I grant you that sometimes the plots are interesting, but how many times can someone "die" and then come back? Or Be a good guy, then a bad guy, then turn around and be a bad guy again, then shave a change of heart and become a good guy again, then betray everyone and return to their evil roots? I mean c'mon, seriously?

I'd stay and talk about it more, but I have an appointment to stop deadly terrorists while fighting the effects of a nasty neuro-toxin. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Sara said...

ha.ha. I agree, seriously...I stopped watching. Call me a no good 24 watcher but seriously, I think he dies every season...boring. Other than that, he is pretty cool.

Ashley said...

I agree almost completely ;) if it is Jack Bauer dying & coming back... I won't lie... I am entirely ok with it!

Ashley said...

ps I love your blog~

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ash, you're adorable!