1.29.2011

Just like olde times

I got a text this afternoon from Kelly.
It read: "YCB night?"

My response: "Definately"

For those of you who are not "avid" readers yet, this is in reference to this post.  Being a CB generally includes trying new things, restaurants, drinking sparkly things out of fun glasses, accepting compliments graciously (we're still working on that one), looking people in the eye and just being fabulous.

So in the spirit of the YCB, we gussied ourselves up (okay, that's not really true...neither Kelly nor I changed our clothes, but I did reapply my eyeliner.  That totally counts as gussying.) and headed to Little America for dinner.

I immediately felt classy upon walking through the door. Can't get more classy than Early Bird Special time.  Okay, in all seriousness, I always thought Little America looked like some sad joke played on the masses.  There it sits in the shadow of The Grand America, it's red brick looking very tacky and depressed (a brutal combination).  Upon actually stepping inside, I was soon eating my words...or thoughts that is.  The place is quite nice, and really, any place that has a gift shop selling stetsons next to another gift shop selling Disney figures cut from Swarovski crystal and a giant decorative horse's head is a win in my book.

No comments: