8.14.2011

Visitors from across the pond

The Vance family came for a visit!
Jonathan, Jenelle and their brood have been in Utah for about 2 weeks, and are flying back to Switzerland in the morning.  I was grateful to be able to drive up to Logan on Friday after work, and spend some time with them until Saturday evening.

The girls have grown so much since I last saw them in March, it was amazing!  They've gone from little toddlers to little ladies, they are taller, faster, wilder and they have added more words to their jabbering repertoire.  Adorable.

We had a family picnic on Saturday, and all the kids had a blast playing at the park nearby.  This park was seriously cool.  There was everything a kid could want; various swings, slides, pole, monkey bars, ladders, cars, pyramids, misters, tables, lemonade stands, you name it, they had it.

I had forgotten what it was like trying to wrangle multiple children too.  At one point, I was outside with the 5 kids, trying to keep them out of the pool, make sure they didn't pedal the bikes down the stairs, pull them in wagons, help them blow bubbles, make sure they didn't jump off things taller than they were, and protect the cat from bodily injury...the cat may be a little traumatized, but overall, it worked out well, even if it was a little tiring.


















I am so glad that I got to see everyone again, and that I didn't have to endure a nauseating flight to do it...I'll leave that to the Vance's....though I don't think they get sick like I do.  I'm special like that.

Guess I'll have to see when I can cross into the famous neutral-zone again...because frankly, I love it there.

No comments: