7.26.2012

Pain is not Beauty, it's Pain!

I got a manicure on Monday.
Nothing fancy, just had them clean up my nails and put a clear coat of polish on.  I'm not one for color on my nails...I end up chipping it off after a day or two, which is gorgeous.

Anyway, so as I'm getting my manicure done, the gal asked me if I wanted to get my eyebrows waxed.  Normally I get annoyed when other people suggest that my unwanted hair requires attention, but I'd actually been thinking about breaking down and doing it off and on for about 9 months, so I decided to do it.

Since we were in the waxing mood, we decided to wax off some of the hair that is near my hairline, but not actually a part of it...more onto my cheek (I didn't look like a dude or anything, but I definitely had hair).

Immediately afterward, I felt weird.  I mean really, two parts of my face are completely hairless and smooth, and then you hit normal peach-fuzz halfway across my face.  I figured it would take some getting used to, and that the peach-fuzz would return in time.  I also got burned by the wax.  I think it's going to leave a nice little scar.

And my absolute, all-time favorite byproduct of having done this....any guessers?  Anyone?

Here it is....

I'm breaking out like a teenager.  Strike that...I'm breaking out WORSE than I did as a teenager.  It's gross. Not a fan.  Never doing it again.

Live and learn.

1 comment:

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

That makes me cringe. I've never had any issues with any waxing experience, but it makes me sad for you.