7.01.2009

If you love me, Plant me a tree

I have a very large, very beautiful black & white print of a lane lined with trees on one of the walls in my bedroom. I love it. Actually, it is probably one of my favorite pictures that I own, a close second to the picture of another tree that Kelly gave me for Christmas last year.

I love nature, and trees in particular.

I often lay on my bed a look at my aforementioned picture and imagine that I am walking down that beautiful lane (in black & white of course, everything looks better in black & white sometimes) and just feeling the peace and serenity of the place.

Someday I hope to live in an area that has a lot of mountains, forests and just overall has a lot of incredible nature that I can explore with my family. Growing up in Washington, the woods were practically right outside my front door (or my back door for that matter) and some of my fondest memories are playing in them, walking the trails to the park, hiking Little Si, and just being out in it!

Seriously love it! I don't know when I'll get my fill of trees, but I don't think it will be any time soon. Someday I want to plant one and be able to watch it grow as my family grows. But that's another story for another distant time of my life.


No comments: