11.07.2009

I'll tell you what to do with those Jingle Bells

While I'm on the subject of November, I'd like to get something off my chest...

I was is the car the other day, listening to the radio, when the announcer came on and said, "We weren't going to start playing Christmas music quite as early this year as we've done in previous years...

Yay! Good for you! Take a stand!

"However, we then received tons of calls asking where the Christmas music was...

Oh no....

"So here it is! Non-stop Christmas music to see you through the Holidays!"

SERIOUSLY?

Now, I know that people do this all the time, but it doesn't make it any less irritating that our society seems to just skip right over Thanksgiving. I don't care that there isn't "Thanksgiving Music" just play the stuff you do all year round! Why do you feel the need to start playing Christmas music the second Halloween is over? Why?

Makes me want to kick an elf.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I feel your pain. No, seriously. I've always agreed with this stance: http://anniephilosophy.blogspot.com/2007/11/too-much-too-soon.html
Let's get 'em!!

Benjamin L. Hull said...

I'm in Japan, and they don't really even celebrate Christmas over here, but what did I see at the grocery store several days ago? A Christmas section. First week of November in a country that doesn't really celebrate Christmas, and they already have an aisle full of Christmas stuff!!!