11.30.2009

This is what happens when I go home

I met the most beautiful girl in the world this weekend.
She is just over 6 pounds, and 18 inches long.
She is my newest niece.
Biased?
Me?
Never.

I also got to kick it with my nephew James, who is also incredibly adorable, and who, luckily for me, took to me instantly.
He can't quite say "Lisa" at this point, but I am lovingly referred to as "Da", not to be confused with "Dah" which means "Dad". Oh the workings of tiny vocabularies.

I stayed in my old apartment while I was up in Logan, and honestly, I'm not sure how I survived living there for 2 years! The bed is as hard as a rock, and all the creaking and electrical noises were impossible to drown out...thank heaven's for ear plugs.

I had another blast from the past when I ran into one of my ex-boyfriend's mothers while at JoAnn Fabrics. She was really excited to see me, and said she was there getting stuff because Jason's (the ex) wife worked there. So I got to see Elizabeth too, I know her, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember me. We only met briefly at their open house.

I put up my grandparents Christmas decorations again too. It is something I have done fairly consistently since moving to Utah almost 7 years ago. I know where their decorations go better than they do. They also have one of the easiest trees to put up. You set up the stand, which has a tall pole attached, then you grab the pre-lit, pre-decorated tree by the top (it is built like a giant coil) and stick it on the pole, let it drop down, and there you go, instant Christmas tree.

I sat next to my brother and James during Sacrament meeting in their ward, and I will admit that I had a hard time controlling my laughter. Tears streamed from my eyes as I tried to suppress the giggles, but to no avail. It has been SO long since I have been to a family ward with a hilarious 2 year old.

No comments: