6.14.2011

Forever Plaid

I went to see a play entitled "Forever Plaid" tonight.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this particular play (which included me up until this evening), it centers around a little-known quartet from the 60's, who all die in a car accident the night of their first big performance.   They then get a chance to come back to Earth to perform one last time, which is where we come in.

I have a friend who was playing one of the foursome, so I thought I would lend my support, and give myself a CB night all in one.

The play turned out to be one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed.  The comedic timing was perfect, and the songs that they sang were amazing...and hilarious...amazingly hilarious.  I was having a ball watching this group do their thing, walk into the audience, even dancing with a few people.

By the time intermission rolled around, I knew I had a favorite on my hands.  I don't remember the last time I laughed so much during a play, and the second half was sure to be just as delightful as the first.  They came back onstage, with a fun rendition of "Heart & Soul", and then began asking audience members if they knew how to play either the top-hand or the bottom-hand of the piece.  There were a few people who raised their hands, and one eager gal was sitting right in front of me.  I saw my friend Ricky coming through the crowd toward her, but to my dismay and Ricky's delight, he didn't choose my eager friend in front of me, but ME!  The girl who had distinctly NOT raised her hand!  I was summarily dragged on stage, and placed in front of the piano.  Fortunately, I do happen to know this little ditty, and so I played along....and so did they.

I got my time in the spotlight with a lovely little bit of piano playing, a dance, awarding of a certificate and...plaid dental floss.

Each time I tried to make way back to my seat, they stopped me and gave me something else.  It really was quite entertaining, I am sure.

Normally, things like that do not happen to me.

I also normally do my hair in the morning.  (Today, I did not).

I also normally fix my make-up before I leave the house.  (Today, I did not).

Let this be a lesson to me....You never know what's coming, so make sure you're prepared.

2 comments:

jm said...

I wish I'd gone with you, sounds like it was tons of fun, but I would have been in trouble in your position, I never learned Heard and Soul.

Jenelle said...

Duuuuudddddeee!!! My sister on stage!