6.28.2011

This one time...

...at the repair shop, I took in The Justy (as my car is affectionately called) for a routine oil change.  What I didn't realize, was that in addition to watching more ESPN than I ever want to again, reading Good Housekeeping magazine and carefully avoiding eye contact with the guy sitting opposite me, was that I would also have the privilege of being informed that The Justy is having a couple of problems.  Expensive problems.

One of said problems is that at least 2 of the tires need to be replaced, one more so than the other, but both need to be replaced.

Perfect timing!  I mean, it's not like I'm going out of town or anythi....oh wait, that's right, I AM going out of town. Tomorrow.

Thankfully, the lovely Kelly was willing to bus me to and from the repair shop today so I could get 1 of the tires replaced.  Yes, I am poor, so I only had them replace 1 of the tires.  I have a feeling that before the summer is over, Burt Brothers will be able to afford a really nice display of tires from all the money I will be sending their way.

I guess it's better than in the days where people rode horses for their main mode of transport, when one of those died, you couldn't take it to a repair shop and get it working again.  At least not easily.

No comments: