6.20.2011

Where'd you get that?

I love reconnecting.
This afternoon, I got to spend some time with Heidi & Rumel while they were down in Salt Lake.  We realized (well, actually, Heidi realized, because my memory is pretty shoddy) that we haven't actually, physically seen each other in almost a year.  A whole year.  This is completely unacceptable.
We met for lunch, and I'm glad I made the decision early in the day to just cut out of work early instead of going back, because we spent 3 hours catching up.
They're doing great, happily married up in Idaho, figuring their lives out.  It is hard to believe that they have been married for 3 years now.  I remember sitting up with Heidi, talking about boys and how stupid they are (some of the sentiment remains true), laughing together, going to activities, playing games, going shooting, driving around aimlessly and just being us.  Sometimes it's hard to believe that it was all so long ago.  I've lived in Salt Lake for 4 1/2 years.  That's slightly more than half the time I've lived in Utah.  And Heidi was there almost from the get-go (give or take 6 months at the beginning), we clicked pretty quickly, and a large part of who I am today is because of her influence.
She is a strong, courageous, intelligent, spiritual, talented and sassy individual, and I hope to someday have more of those qualities in my own repertoire.

Though I probably don't need any more sass.

No comments: