7.28.2014

To share it with

So as Lisa has described our last week it was a bit crazy and a bit fun. I have noticed something as we go along this thing we call Marriage. It's about sharing. I had always heard the phrase uttered that in marriage you have someone to share "it" with. "It" could be an experience, a child or children, a hobby, etc. But my experience with Lisa is really the first and most active relationship I have ever had. We both play an active role being engaged in what is in each others lives. It's refreshing and very rewarding to say the least. But to go along with the bad, stressful, or unpleasant things that have transpired this last week; it would be nothing to me if I had to deal with it alone. It means everything to me to have someone to share it with, even especially if it was bad or unpleasant. Even with not all of the Yay's or Nay's listed there were some of Nay's if you will where I would just laugh and giggle my way through it. Which I am quite happy I did. While Lisa did not laugh at the Nay's like I did she would just roll her eyes at me like she does and call me a ham or turkey or whatever deli meat it is that she calls me. I laughed mainly in part because I realized that whatever Nay was happening that I was out of control really, and luckily I was in company with the one person who makes me the most happy in all the world. So why should I care if it was a stressful or bad experience? Hopefully I can have more instances of this.

So just like our windy reception, it was memorable. Because it wasnt easy and because it was difficult or unusual it was a experience unique to us alone, and for us alone in some instances to share. In brief, it was our adventure, and it still is everyday. I absolutely love that. Good or Bad. It's ours. Whether it is moments you share later with friends on a blog or not. It is something that you don't have alone but something that exist forever in memory with someone you hold most dear. I was home alone for a whole day and the best way I could describe it to my father was "Empty". The house was just empty, my schedule was just empty, and I had nothing to share with anyone. When it came time to kneel down for prayer before bed I realized it was the first night we had been married where we did not pray together. That and everything else was difficult but caused me to see and evaluate how Full my life because of her.

Now I don't mean to be sappy, I mean to be quite frank and real about this. If your married and your reading this, maybe you have already figured out what I have or maybe you havent. But I say regardless that whatever happens in life, Good or Bad, share it with someone you care about.

No comments: