9.23.2014

Date-iversary

Today marks the anniversary of my first date with Bruce.

He asked me out for frozen yogurt at our local OrangeLeaf, and we met up at around 5:00pm.

I was nervous, and didn't know if I would immediately recognize him, but that all faded as soon as I walked in the door and saw him standing there (I had forgotten how tall he was).

We said our hellos, got our yogurt, and settled onto one of the large orange couches that were available.  Conversation was easy and smooth, I knew I liked him right then and there (if only I hadn't been so freaked out the first day we met!  Curses!), and he was bold enough to ask me out for later that very week (later I would find out he canceled a date with another girl so he could go out with me), and I was more than happy to see him again.

To commemorate this one-year milestone, Bruce and I went to OrangeLeaf, got frozen yogurt, and even sat on the same orange couch (which is usually occupied when we go).  We reminisced about that first date, the various things running through our minds, and confessing the moments we first knew we loved each other (yep, sometimes we're sappy).

It is so crazy to me that it has only been a year, because it feels so much longer.  I find myself having a hard time remembering times without him, or mentally inserting him into situations in my life long before he was there, because it truly feels like he has always been here, always a part of my life.

I am so beyond glad that one year ago today, he asked me out, and that I accepted.  We may not be perfect (far from it, in fact), but we are absolutely perfect for each other.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your Date-iversary is the day before ours! Give or take about 35 years! We are so glad you said yes too. We love you guys!