11.16.2014

Big Things

Today was another fun one.

To start everything off, I was called to be the second counselor in our ward's Relief Society.  Meaning I only had a six month break from being in a Relief Society presidency, which is a break that I am grateful for, and hopefully I will be up to the tasks that await me.

We had a little more "excitement" after I was called into the presidency.

I am currently the ward chorister, and as I was leading the sacrament hymn, I had an episode of vertigo and collapsed.  Luckily, Bruce was sitting on the stand with me, and he was able to get me back into my seat, while a gal from the ward came up and relieved me of conducting for the rest of the meeting.  The major annoyance is basically how embarrassing it all was.

Now I get to deal with questions and concerns (which aren't innately bad, just frustrating and embarrassing to explain it all over and over again) and reassure everyone that I am in fact okay, all things considered.

The second doctor determined that I do not have BPPV, but that it is probably Labyrinthitis or Meniere's Disease.  Neither of which are particularly delightful.  If it had been BPPV, there is this technique known as the Epley Maneuver which moves the head in a manner that moves the crystals in the ear to an area that makes them not bring on the vertigo.  But alas...

I have another appointment on Friday, so hopefully we'll be able to get working on this soon!

No comments: