11.21.2014

Little Shards of Glass

A funny thing happened on our way to a dessert party...

Bruce and I were invited to a dessert/game night tonight.  I made a fun new pie for it, a Cinnamon Chocolate Silk Pie to be precise.  Anyway, as we were literally walking out the door to head to this shindig, the door hit the pie in my hand, sending it flying out of my hand and onto the floor...or rather, onto the 3 large rocks that we have on the shoe station just behind our door, and it literally exploded!

Chocolate, cream, and glass went flying!  It was epic!  It was everywhere! One of Bruce's slippers was a casualty of whipped cream war.

I really wish we had taken a photo of the destruction, because I really cannot properly convey the image of the scene.

We got it all cleaned up and then headed to our party.  We had fun getting to know people a bit better outside of Sunday meetings, and hopefully we can continue to get to know them and make friends.

In other news, I had my first physical therapy appointment for my balance issues.  My PT was less than impressed with my overall balance, but my vision is top notch!  So I'm focusing on that...

No comments: