7.17.2009

Oh my aching feet

So for all the scrambling up and down mountains, walking around the Avenues and downtown Salt Lake, and hitting the gym, my shoes aren't that great. Amazingly, I have had this pair of shoes since about my freshman year of high school. That's quite a while. Strictly speaking, they aren't running shoes, they aren't hiking shoes, they really aren't even walking shoes, but that is what I use them for, along with the occasional volleyball game thrown in there somewhere. They have traversed hills and mountains, walked through creeks and giant puddles, plodded along the beach (they still have some sand in there somewhere too, it makes itself known every now and again) and explored the many different levels of my neighborhood.
Unfortunately, this "not being what they're made for" quality, is taking its toll on my feet, which hurt. Someday I shall buy these lovely shoes I saw on NewBalance.com, but for now, I shall continue to make do with my good 'ol standby shoes from yesteryear.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

i too realized the other day that i was wearing freshman highschool year shoes. and they too have been here and back more than a few times. if shoes could talk right? our shoes should have a highschool reunion or something....ok weird. maybe not lol. it kindof could make sense.