12.13.2009

8.2

I remember the very first time I went ice skating, I was almost 16 years old. It was for Becca Vikari's 16th birthday party, and a bunch of us drove out to either Bellevue or Issaquah, I'm not entirely sure which city, and went to an ice rink they had there.
The next time I went ice skating was after my family had moved to North Logan, and as luck would have it, the Eccles Ice Center is housed mere minutes from my parents house. I think I went once when I was about 17, and then one other time in college.
The great thing about indoor ice rinks is that it's not completely freezing while you are skating, a big plus in my opinion. I consider myself a novice ice skater, I can go around in a circle, maybe skate backward a little if there is no chance of running into any small children (that's just sad). I take my moments skating for what they are worth, laughing time! I laugh at myself and the things I do all the time as it is, so that is merely amplified when I am on the ice since I am generally known as a klutz.

That being said, I did some ice skating recently. No skates were required however, just my church shoes and the ever willing pavement covered in slush. I was able to do skating tricks I had heretofore never attempted, my facial expressions may have given away my shock and surprise at my landing a few of them, but overall, the judges were fair.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

today THIS is the reason i miss you so much.