12.25.2009

Firm Resolve

Some people make New Years Resolutions. I do not.
That is to say, I don't start making resolutions at the beginning of the year.

I feel that we should be constantly making resolutions all the time, whatever time of year it is. I'm not going to save up all these "I should do this/work on that/try this" things so I can start them January 1st. If something is worth doing, it's worth doing now (or at least thinking about and working toward).

I have a lot of things I am working on in my life right now. They aren't new. With the exception of one, which is to get my passport in order for my trip to Germany.

I feel New Years Resolutions (if you make them) are private unless you don't want them to be. I don't really like it when people ask what mine are (or what they are for others for that matter) because I think it is incredibly personal. If I should happen to not follow through with one of them, I don't necessarily want you and your dog thinking "Didn't she say she was going to work on that this year?" Maybe that's just me and my paranoia of being judged all the time, but that's how I feel.

Maybe I should resolve not to be so paranoid...

No comments: