12.15.2009

Give me a word, any word, and I'll show you how the root of that word, is Greek

Have you ever been watching a movie and you stop and think, "Wait...this seems eerily similar to my life."?

I am sitting here watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", and the very beginning of the movie made me laugh to myself as I did a mental checklist:

Hostess in a Greek-family run restaurant: Check
Goes to work insanely early in inclement weather: Check
Frump-girl: Check
Surrounded by slightly odd characters during the work day: Check
Attending the local Community College: Check
Slightly self-conscious: Check

Now, the rest of the movie doesn't quite add up with my life, but that's okay. I don't exactly live in a Romantic Comedy, more like a hilarious satire that doesn't always make sense.

Yay for life...and the movies

5 comments:

Ashley said...

this is glorious

Annie said...

I contest the 'frump girl' comment.

Megan is Chuck. Chuck is Megan. said...

I second Annie's comment... thanks for the laugh (again).

Jessica said...

um, i agree with annie and megan. you have to uncheck "frump girl"

Anonymous said...

Okay, Okay, I give. "Frump Girl" is unchecked.