12.25.2009

Taters

I like to try new things.
Restaurants, movies, books, recipes, dance moves, fashion choices, etc...

So to help me with one of these areas, I use a website called allrecipes.com for my various recipe needs, and it hasn't let me down, not for the cookie recipes I've tried, the chicken and pork, the cakes turned out great, it just hasn't let me down.

Until yesterday that is. My garlic and rosemary mashed potatoes that I made for our Christmas Eve dinner, while earning decent points in overall taste, had its ratings plummet in the texture department. They were something akin to paste. And not just any paste, the really, really sticky kind that even the weird kid in your kindergarten class wouldn't even eat.

I think I'll revert back to my original mashed potato prowess.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love that site! Sorry the potatoes sucked. :( Sometimes tried and true really is the way to go! (But kudos to you for venturing into new recipe territory.)