10.13.2013

Chaaaaarge!

Bruce and I had our date night last night and decided to carve pumpkins.  So we went to WallyWorld to pick out pumpkins, I forgot how picky I am when it comes to pumpkins...so it took longer than I anticipated, but we finally got around to choosing the appropriate pumpkins, picked up dinner and went back to watch Arsenic & Old Lace, a classic Halloween favorite.

After the movie, we started in on the pumpkins.  Bruce was kind enough to cut off the top of my pumpkin and gut the sucker while I sketched out his carving pattern for him.  He's great like that.  We did have some pretty funny times trying to extract the top of his pumpkin, which fell into the innards and refused to come out without a serious amount of coercion.

Bruce carved out a Batman pattern, and I chose Darth Vader.  His turned out amazing!  Mine had some issues, but overall I was satisfied with it.  Yeah, I know I'm a perfectionist...which explains why I've done nothing with the 7+ years of art classes I have taken.  All those classes to be a doodler ;)

Here is a picture of our handiwork.




No comments: