10.20.2013

Ice, Ice, Baby...

There are caves in Idaho.  Caves filled with ice.

Bruce and I went with some friends from my ward to such a cave yesterday.  The cave is out past Rexburg, past the sand dunes...basically in the middle of nowhere.  After reaching the middle of nowhere, we then had to take a winding, bumpy dirt road to the East of nowhere...and this is when I started having trouble, I started to get super duper nauseated.  Bruce, however, enjoyed being tossed back and forth in the back seat like a rag doll in a dryer.  I had to get out of the car and walk the last little bit to the cave because I just couldn't stand it any longer, and Bruce was kind enough to walk with me.

The caves were pretty neat, once we got in and scrambled down the rocky face, traversed the stepping stones in the half-melted ice, it started to get super cool.  Literally.  The further we got in, the better it got.  Ice covered the floor, the walls, and the ceiling.  Lots of slipping and sliding, which was a lot of fun, though I have a number of very pretty bruises all over my legs.

Driving back home from the caves proved to aggravate my nausea again and we had to stop so I could get out for a minute yet again.  Motion sickness is seriously one of the most annoying things ever, just sayin'... It always makes me feel super bad for anyone that has to put up with me when I'm dealing with it.  Thankfully I was able to settle everything down after a bit and was feeling fine by the time we got back home.

Once everyone else left, Bruce and I had the evening to ourselves.  I made dinner and we watched a movie, or rather, I watched half the movie before falling asleep, while Bruce managed to make it through most of it before falling asleep himself.  Yeah, we're awesome like that.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I don't think I can state in words how much fun I had being tossed around like a ragdoll in that jeep.