10.24.2013

Time, how it doth fly...

Today marked one month from my first date with Bruce.  He being the awesome individual that he is, remembered it of course.  I being me, did not...until he reminded me yesterday.  He's good with details and dates like that, while I am good at...uh...laughing at inappropriate times... I'm really good at that.  But I digress.

It's strange to think that Bruce and I have really only known each other an incredibly short amount of time, because it feels like we've been friends for much longer.  I'm completely comfortable around him, and I feel safe, which those closest to me know is incredibly important, and not always something I've had in past relationships.

Things with Bruce just feel different.  And I know some of you are sitting there, shaking your heads and thinking, "Seriously, Lisa?  It's been a month...you're high on the newness of it all, simmer down and you'll take off the rose-colored glasses in time."  But really folks?  I've been in enough relationships, and I've put up enough walls around my heart to know when things are different.  Bruce managed to somehow bust through those walls effortlessly, probably without even knowing they had been there in the first place, and in record time too.

I am so incredibly and richly blessed to have him in my life.  He is such an amazing man.  And yes, for those of you who have been asking me for a while now, you will meet him at some point.  And I know you'll like him too.

So forgive my having turned this blog into "Lisa's Dating Extravaganza", but I want to share it with you, and Facebook is not the place to do it.  I will attempt to avoid getting too mushy, though I will admit that it requires a number of revisions on each post to keep it from getting too mushy (who would have ever thought I'd turn into such a sap?).

Happy times!

No comments: